Painkiller dream-killer, painkiller lifeki….
I’ll eat my words before I end those last few words. And if that message wasn’t clear as day…
Instead of chasing strong pain popping pills, why not chase them away? Like far away from your precious life?
Aches and pains are a constant scrutiny, they pick at our muscles and tissues like a flame burning across a landscape of redwood trees. The point is we’re constantly catching fire(inflammation) and we never seem to find our way into the cool safe zone.
Whether you have a pulled muscle or an ache, it can do more than frustrate you, it can cause limping, moaning, and complete utter discomfort, but the positive you can take away from that today is that you will find creams that are:
- Best pain relief creams for backs
- The Best pain relief creams for knees
And everything in between!
If at any point in this review, if you have a question, comment, or concern, please feel free to leave me a comment below. I’ll get back to you within the first 24 hours.
Over time,these aches and pains can take a tole on your physical and mental well being, and can leave a lasting impression of depression, anxiety, and in some circumstances, chronic pain.
Fortunately, painkillers are not the only option and if you asked me, shouldn’t be accepted; there are topical creams that work just as well and even better.
Pain relieving creams(that includes sprays and gels) use a combination of ingredients to squash your symptoms and pain signals from getting to your brain. So what should you look for when getting your next cream?
Ingredients, and side effects:
- Menthol. This is the primary active ingredient you’ll find among many muscle creams, and they’ve come so far as being carried in spray bottles. Menthol is crystalline cooling compound with a minty smell and taste, and is commonly found in peppermint and other natural oils(essential oils). It originated in food flavoring, and has evolved to anesthetic properties in pharmaceuticals.
- Side effects: can cause skin and eye irritation to develop. You wouldn’t have to worry when Menthol is diluted with carrier oils, but if its used purely on skin, it can cause irritation and chemical burns.
- Camphor. A white, extremely volatile crystalline substance that has an aromatic smell and a bitter taste. It’s an active ingredient in most essential oils. If you’re familiar with the world famous Vapor Rub, that’s where Camphor resides. It’s best used to increase your blood flow and as an anti-inflammatory, it will reduce your pain and swelling.
- Side effects: Can cause some minor side effects such irritation and skin redness. Do not heat products containing Camphor, because it will cause severe burns on your skin.
- Capsacin. This is a very well known active ingredient found in chili peppers, and it acts as heat, as it produces a heating sensation to your tissue when it comes in contact. It’s useful if you want to block pain signals and nerves. It’s extremely helpful for areas such as joint conditions, fibromylagia, muscle sprains and strains, surgery, and headaches.
- Side effects. Some possible side effects could be dryness, burning and itching, pain, soreness, and swelling and redness. Be careful when you apply it in hot weather or humid, when you’re bathing or sweat, as this can get worse.
You should always read the label on your product before applying any of it, use exactly as directed, or prescribed by your doctor.
Menthol: This will vary, its common to use 3%-11% of products containing menthol, and applying it 3-4 times a day to start is going to make the difference.
Camphor: With this ingredient, there are many uses. Like menthol, you want to have a 3%-11% ointment used for 3-4 times a day on average.
For osteoarthritis: What you want to look for is a topical with camphor as its primary ingredient that contains 32mg/g, then it should have chondotrin sulfate for 50mg/g and glucosamine sulfate of 30mg/g for sore joints.
Capsacin: It may take up to 2 weeks before you see your symptoms completely go away, but in the meantime make sure you are applying a thin later to your affected area, and rub it until its completely absorbed.
A common mistake most people make is buying a product that didn’t work, and that’s because they don’t understand the capabilities of their pain relief cream. You have to consider the injuries and your symptoms, is it acute, sub-acute, chronic, sciatica, and is it a muscle, or joint pain?
For small aches and muscle pains, a pain relieving cream with a smaller percentage will do the job, but if you have severe muscle pain, it’s best to look for more ingredients, with a higher percentage context overall.
For Joint pain, most muscle pain creams will help, but for instances where its more chronic, you’ll want one that targets exactly that. We’re about to find out which ones are best.
So Let’s get started checking out the top 5 pain relief creams of 2019!
#1 Penetrex Pain Relief Therapy [2 Oz] – Apply Penetrex Anywhere You Experience Pain, Discomfort, Tingling or Numbness (Back, Neck, Knee, Foot, Shoulder, etc.). Trusted by 2 Million+ Sufferers Since 2009
If you’re in the market for the best joint relieving and muscle cream reliever at an affordable price, then Penetrex is the one you must consider.
The reasons I say this is that there is no other product in the marketplace with such a HIGH impact to not only relive your severe joint pain inflammation, but get to the root of the cause, so you get less and less of it. Plus, it’s just slightly increased in price than other brands, and does 10X more.
One of my favorite features of this pain relief cream is its breakthrough formula. You won’t have to worry about getting the best test certified and active ingredients to help you recover from your joint and muscle pain because of this. You’ll get ingredients like Boswellia, Arnica, Glucosamine, MSM, Vitamin B6, Peppermint, Frankincense, and so much more!
If that’s not enough, I think you’ll also like that it comes with:
- Very long years of research prevents the cream from being a false hope. You will not have to worry about it getting to the root of your cause(inflammation), and masking your pain. Penetrex hits your inflammation much better than those products with a cooling and warming effect, and outdated ones.
- Once you apply a small amount to your area of pain, you’ll feel the cream go to work almost immediately. This ensures you can take less time worrying about doing an activity, and instead get up and do more right away.
- The lid is very reliable and easy to use. It’s just another feature that let’s you twist the cap open, and seal it back up for safety without trouble.
- This product has over 2 million clients worldwide! Just two years ago, this product was the best kept secret, but now it’s used in over 100 countries. Another reason why its so convenient and a must have.
As you can see, there is much to love about Penetrex. In fact, there are thousands of reviews at Amazon of people giving it overwhelmingly positive responses. If you’d like to see what other customers are saying, click below:
Alternative Option: I wrote a stellar review about Penetrex that I think will blow your socks off(if you have them on that is), so if you’d like to check it out, give this cream a look here.
#2 Best Cool Therapy, Dr Pat’s Ultra Freeze
I’m not going to lye, this is a delicacy that most people do not know about. The reasons I say that is because everyone seems to relate with brands and more common creams with more hype.
Dr Pat’s Ultra Freeze once used to be a very affordable option, probably;y the best bang for your buck, up until a couple weeks ago, when Amazon decided it wouldn’t be available again. Some people don’t hesitate to have the best of the best, and this gel is just that. The reason I say this is that it is most known for providing cooling relief for back pain, and provides full relief for chronic muscles and joints.
One of my favorite features of this gel is its 16 oz tub. This means you won’t have to be constantly stocking over and over. Most brands come with 2oz-4oz jars, which means it has just about 8X more than others!
If that’s not enough, I know you’ll like that it comes with:
- Very precise targeted pain relief prevents the ineffective of it spreading to areas that don’t need your attention. You won’t have to worry about it penetrating at your localized region of pain because of this.
- Once you apply a small amount, you’ll feel the immediate cooling sensation. This ensures you can get back to what you love doing, and you can do it for hours without re-application.
- The gel is fast absorbing and non-greasy. It’s just another feature that makes sure you spend no time trying to clean your clothing, and more time doing your work and or activities.
- This product treats a variety of muscle and joint pains, ranging from arthritis to know, shoulder and back pain. For these reasons, it makes Dr Pat’s all that much more convenient and a must have in your household.
As you can see, there is much to lover here. It’s supple has been limited, but its demand has risen, so if you’d like to claim your hands on it before prices skyrocket even more, click below:
Alternative Option: I wrote an in-depth review about Pat’s Ultra Freeze that I think you would love to learn more about, so if you’d like to check it out, give this cream a look here.
#3 The 2nd Best Cool Therapy, Biofreeze
If you’re in the market for an affordable menthol muscle pain relieving cream that can run up to 10.5% menthol, then look no further than Biofreeze. The non systemic, non-addictive , and non NSAID Biofreeze gel formula contains as little as 4% menthol and as high as 10.5%, which is great for small and large muscle aches and pains.
Plus, it will not cost you an arm and a leg!
One of my favorite features of this pain relief cream is its versatility. You win’t need to worry about it helping your joints, sprains, strains, or bruises, because of this. Although its widely known for minimal muscles and pains, it does work well for any chronic pains, and such as lower back pain.
If that’s not enough, I know you’ll also like that it comes with:
- High recommendation prevents it from being a skeptical product. Biofreeze is the #1 pain clinically used and recommended topical by health care professionals. Chiropractors, physical therapist, massage therapist, and others have benefited from getting immediate relief like arthritis.
- Once you apply it to your skin, you get a slightly strong smell, but it evaporates rather quickly. This ensures you can get immediate relief while not having to worry about you or others being bothered by its smell.
- The cap is very reliable and easy to use. Biofreeze comes with many versions, their most popular being the gel version, but you can get it in a spray, an ointment, patches, and even large tubs. It’s just another feature that makes sure you enjoy applying it any way you can imagine.
- This product is great when applied before or after exercise. Time and time again it proves to hold up well for your workouts, and reasonably it’s the reason why it’s so popular.
As you can see, there is way to much to love about Biofreeze. In fact, there are an enormous amount of reviews over at Amazon of people saying great things about it. If you’d like to see what other customers are saying about this product, click below:
Alternative Option: I wrote an in-depth review about Biofreeze that I think would help you even more, so if you’d like to check it out, give this cream a look here.
#4 Best warming therapy, Sombra
It’s an inexpensive and very affordable pain relief cream for its serving size container. If you want a pain relief cream that can offer you both instant heat, and help distract your pain signals, then Sombra is the one you must consider. The reason I say this is that it is very controlled in treating diagnosis such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, bursitis, and an even simple back ache. Plus, it is a bargain for!
One of my favorite features of this pain relief cream is its orange refreshing scent. You won’t have to worry about getting a strong and bad odor because of this. It even smells better when you put it on.
If that’s not enough, I know you’ll also like that it comes with:
- Very small application prevents you from having to use a large amount all at once. You’ll just need a small of it in your hands for it to cover a small or large area.
- Once you apply it, you’ll immediately feel the warm sensation. This ensures you get better blood circulation, and rich nutrients flowing easily throughout your body and to the area of your pain to reinforce and heal it.
- The lid is very easy to use. Just twist it with little effort, and inside is your layers of cream. It’s just another feature that makes sure you keep your cream in the bottle and none of it on the ground
- This product is alcohol free, non-greasy, and non-staining. This is another reason why it’s very safe for you, and a must have.
As you are able to see, there is too much to shy away from here. In fact, there are thousands of reviews on Amazon of people leaving overwhelmingly positive reviews. If you’d like to see what other customers are saying, click below:
#5 Best Roll On, Outback
If you want an affordable product that can deliver in both eh acute and chronic pain departments with a non messy access, then have a close look at the Outback all-natural-pain relief cream. The reason I say this is that it combines a nice amount of pain relief, without having to get you hands all over the cream. Plus, it will not cost you an arm and a leg.
One of my favorite features of this all natural pain relief cream is its Eucalyptus and Vanilla Smell. It is the only pain relief topical cream that has these two ingredients. You won’t have to worry about what you’re using it for because of this. It’s great for asthma, bronchitis, headaches, wounds, back pains, aches, and so much more!
If that’s not enough, I think you’ll also like that it comes with:
- Very safe effects prevents your from having to burn or freeze after using it – which are designed to trick your pain sensors. You’ll feel consciously better knowing that you can add even the highest amount and not feel a slight effect.
- Once you apply it, it works immediately to get rid of your inflammation. Many users even report better range of motion, improved sleep quality, and the ability to enjoy physical activities again.
- The roll on is very reliable and easy to use. It’s just another feature that makes sure you can reach in all areas without getting your hands covered in a greasy mess like other creams.
- This product has no chemicals, as it used 4 ingredients: Tea tree oil, Vanilla, Olive oil, and Blue Malle Eucalyptus. Another reason why its so convenient and a must have.
As you can see, there is so much to like about the All Natural Outback Pain relief roll on. In fact, there are thousands of reviews over at Amazon of people saying highly outstanding things about it. If you’d like to see what others are saying, click below:
Re-cap and Final Thoughts
Pain Relief creams have been used for centuries and many generations now, and unlike painkillers and NSAID pills, they don’t have little to no side effects. And I didn’t even mention the best part, it’s better for your mind and body, since you know you;re getting the right chemicals, and at the same time reliving your mind.
When looking at pain relief creams, yes there are many others, but I did say these were the best right? Others can fall under the same categories of menthol, camphor, and capsacin, but they either just mask your pain, or are not as effective as producing the results you need.
In my opinion, it’s better to go after creams that can offer you long term relief, but a short term relief cream is perfectly fine(all depends on your conditions). These are the 5 most trustworthy, and my honest experience, and you can rest better because I own and use all of these too.
If you’d like to see some of the individual reviews from some of these that I recently wrote for an even wider scope, you can see here for more.
If you have an questions, comments, or concerns, please leave me a comment down below. I’ll get back to you within the first 24 hours.